Monday, March 9, 2009

Driver Stats: Kurt Busch

Yes, I did have Carl Edwards anchoring my fantasy team for the Atlanta race, so I was holding my breath at the last restart. But Kurt Busch was not to be denied, and while he isn't one of my favorites, he did do a great job throughout the race. I'm not surprised to see him in victory lane--he has won at least one race every season since 2002--but I still do wish it had been Cousin Carl. But Tony was a bright spot as well, salvaging yet again another decent finish. 

Kurt Busch started racing in the top-level series in 2000, with his first full season in 2001. He has 19 wins, 11 poles, 63 top 5's, and 118 top 10's. He drives the #2 Miller Light Dodge for Penske now, but used to be one of Roush's drivers where he won the Cup championship in 2004. He has finished half of his seasons ranked in the top 10. 

The two Busch brothers have been controversial, not-extremely-well-liked but successful Cup drivers. They have even clashed with each other, on and off the track. I'm not sure what kind of attitude-adjusting offseason they had, but it seems to have benefited both of them in the early going this year. 

Sadly, there's no race this Sunday. And even more sadly, I have not managed to escape Pittsburgh for spring break. That could mean an installment about some other aspect of NASCAR racing, such as a lower-level or even local series. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment