Saturday, January 10, 2009

Fast Facts: Schedule

For my very first post of my very first blog ever, I am taking the easy way out. I plan on providing my thoughts on upcoming drivers and tracks in twice-weekly posts, but since we are still anticipating the long-awaited start of the season at Daytona, I thought starting with the schedule for about the first third of the Sprint Cup season would get the mental gears turning...

2009 NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES SCHEDULE
Date Site
Feb. 7 Budweiser Shootout at Daytona, Daytona International Speedway*
Feb. 15 Daytona International Speedway
Feb. 22 Auto Club Speedway
March 1 Las Vegas Motor Speedway
March 8 Atlanta Motor Speedway
March 22 Bristol Motor Speedway
March 29 Martinsville Speedway
April 5 Texas Motor Speedway
April 18 Phoenix International Raceway
April 26 Talladega Superspeedway
May 2 Richmond International Raceway
May 9 Darlington Raceway
May 16 NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race, Lowe’s Motor Speedway*
May 24 Lowe’s Motor Speedway
May 31 Dover International Speedway
* – Denotes non-points event.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, this blog will be useful for keeping track of my parents -- they're huge race fans, but I never follow which race is when or anything. Who's your favorite driver?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Kristen--you're a mind reader. The new post answers your question--although I may have a second-favorite moving up just because he'll be more likely to have a shot at the championship this year. Stay tuned! Who do your parents like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad is a lifelong Petty fan, from Richard to Kyle -- and I'm sure he would've followed Adam's career if not for that tragedy several years back. My mother likes Dale Jarrett, who I think is now retired...? So she follows Bobby Labonte now. I'm partial to Montoya, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see, personal integrity in a driver and loyalty to successful dynasties are what interest your parents. Good for them--those guys are all solid. I like Montoya too, although a lot of people think he's a little on the dirty side. I think he's exciting and makes things happen, despite the handicap of a sub-par team around him.

    ReplyDelete